Meet Ms. Cadieux:
- This is my 11th year at Spoede School and my 12th year with the Ladue School District. I began my Ladue career student teaching in third grade at Old Bonhomme School. (That class of kids graduated from the high school last year!!!) The following year, I was hired as an intern with kindergarten at Spoede. I transitioned to second grade the following year and this is my 10th year with sensational second graders! I believe it is the BEST age possible and look forward to each and every day that I get to spend with my little "sponges"!
- I graduated from Saint Louis University with a Bachelor’s degree in elementary education. While at SLU, I taught an afterschool program called JumpStart, organized by AmeriCorps, which supported at-risk children in St. Louis City. Jumpstart's mission is to help preschool aged children build language and literacy, social, and initiative skills. It is these skills that provide the necessary groundwork for later academic and social success. I graduated from Nova Southeastern University with a Master's degree in Reading Instruction in 2010. I designed my action research project to improve fluency skills and remarkably saw improvements in ALL of the second grade students that participated in the plan! I continue to use these techniques in my classroom today!
- I am an avid sports fan, with a real passion for baseball. GO CARDS! I played softball in college and currently play for a women's fastpitch team during the summer months. I coach a third and fourth grade girls’ volleyball team at Spoede. We play our volleyball games through the Clayton Community Center. This year is also my third year helping with the Ladue High School softball team. I am looking forward to another great season with these girls. Check out the schedule here and come support our team if you can. We play our home games at the new West Campus on the other side of the football field.
Fun Facts about Ms. Cadieux:
1. I was named after a professional hockey player in the 1970s, Darcy Rota of the Chicago Blackhawks. My dad is a big hockey fan! He has even provided me with a collection of hockey trading cards, complete with all the Darcys that have ever played professional hockey.
2. My favorite number is 12. I have worn it as my jersey number for as long as I've played sports. For some reason, I feel compelled to buy everything I find with my number on it. With the Olympics this year, it recently made that feat near impossible though!
3. I love strawberries! For my birthday, when I was younger, my mom would bake a strawberry flavored cake, ice it with strawberry flavored icing, and scoop strawberry flavored ice cream on the side. Now she makes me fresh strawberry shortcake instead. YUM!!!
4. I was voted Spoede's Teacher of the Year by my colleagues for the 2009 school year. It was a tremendous honor to represent Spoede's exceptional staff of dedicated and passionate professionals, an honor I will never forget.